A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is a trained improvement agent who demonstrates change management skills, project management skills, team leadership, and understands team dynamics. Black Belts aim for breakthrough improvements.
Black Belts will learn how to:
- Lead complex and multifunctional process improvement or process design projects
- Manage projects using a roadmap that encompasses change management
- Identify and optimize the key factors that are linked to the customers needs in a process or product
- Analyze data and information to demonstrate and prove the way forward
- Achieve successful breakthroughs in environments where resistance is a challenge
You'll be given the tools and training for strategic deployment planning, change management, team decision making, analysis, statistics, project management, and artificial intelligence .
Black Belt Certification
High certification standards are applied to ensure the highest level of knowledge, recognition, and credibility. A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certificate will be awarded through McGill University and the Council for Six Sigma Certification and signed by a Certified Master Black Belt. The certification requirements are the following:
- Complete 1 project from definition to implementation, including controls
- Pass interim exams
- Pass final exam
Please note that coaching will be provided throughout project completion (16 hours of coaching).
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification from McGill University. Other Green Belt certifications are welcome and will be assessed for content equivalence.
- 2 years of work experience (in any field).
- Exceptions will be reviewed case-by-case.
- 9 1/2 days of training
- 16 hours of coaching on the projects
- Lean Six Sigma companion templates from Abacus Team
- Access to Minitab for the duration of the course
- Training material: electronic or printed as per your choice
|March 19, 2021 (9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)|
Module I – Recognize – Define
April 9, 2021 (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
April 10, 2020 (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
Module II – Define - Measure
April 30, 2020 (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
May 1, 2020 (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
Module III – Analyze
May 28, 2020 (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
May 29, 2020 (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
Module IV – Improve - Control
June 11, 2021 (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
June 12, 2021 (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
Module V – Written and Practical exam
|August 13, 2021 (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)|
Program for Operations Excellence
McGill University's Program for Operations Excellence offers training opportunities by accredited training providers that are tailored to meet the needs of corporate executives and professionals.
The Council for Six Sigma Certification is a professional accrediting body within the Six Sigma industry. The accredited training providers are rigorously reviewed to ensure that they meet an extensive checklist of compliance.