- Desautels Faculty of Management, Present
PhD in Management, Specialization in Information Systems
- American University of Sharjah, UAE, 2013
Master of Science in Engineering Systems Management – Concentration in IT Management
- American University of Sharjah, UAE, 2011
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
Al-Ali, A.R.; Zualkernan, I.A.; Lasfer, A.; Chreide, A.; Abu Ouda, H., "GRPS-based distributed home-monitoring using internet-based geographical information system," in Consumer Electronics, IEEE Transactions on , vol.57, no.4, pp.1688-1694, November 2011
El-Baz, H.; Al Awadhi, I.; Lasfer, A., “SMA and MACD combinations for stock investment decisions in frontier markets: evidence from Dubai financial market,” in International Journal of Financial Engineering and Risk Management, vol.1, no.2, pp.113-128, 2013
- 2019 – Teaching Excellence Award, Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University
- 2019 – Selected participant in ICIS Doctoral Consortium 2019 , Association of Information Systems
- 2019 – Selected participant in TIM Doctoral Consortium 2019, Academy of Management
- 2018 – Selected participant in OCIS Doctoral Consortium 2018, Academy of Management
- 2018 – 2021 Desautels Graduate Research Award, Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University
- 2017 – Graduate Excellence Fellowship Award, Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University
- 2016 – Rio Tinto-Richard Evans Fellowship, Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University
Lasfer, A., & Vaast, E. (2019, July). Reaching for the Top: A Practice Approach to Understanding Power Dynamics in Online Communities. In Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2019, No. 1, p. 16695). Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510: Academy of Management.
Lasfer, A., & Vaast, E. (2018, December). A Relational Approach on Collaborative Resource Spending in Online Communities, International Conference on Information Systems. San Francisco, California, USA.
Lasfer, A. (2018, July). Coordinating Knowledge Work in Coopetitive Virtual Communities. In Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2018, No. 1, p. 13992). Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510: Academy of Management.
Lasfer, A., El-Baz, H., & Zualkernan, I. (2013, April). Neural Network design parameters for forecasting financial time series. In 2013 5th International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Applied Optimization (ICMSAO) (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
Assia’s research focuses on new forms of organizing enabled by digital platforms. Her current work revolves around online communities, and her dissertation entitled “Investigating the Role of Social Structures and Dynamics in the Continuity and Sustainability of Online Communities” focuses on the relationship between online communities’ emergent practices and structures and their sustainability. Empirically, she works with both qualitative and quantitative methods such as grounded theorizing and social network analysis