Forms for current graduate students
- Committee membership of MSc Students
- Due immediately at start of program
- Committee membership of Ph.D. Students
- Due immediately after the student is granted admission by Graduate Studies
- Letter of Agreement (LofA) for Postdoctoral Education
- For Postdoctoral fellows and mentors, due before postdoctoral registration.
Graduate Student Research Progress Tracking
McGill requires annual tracking of doctoral students’ progress toward the degree. The Graduate Student Research Progress Tracking Form is to be used during face-to-face meetings between the doctoral student, supervisor, and at least one other departmental representative. Having written agreed-upon expectations and clearly defined requirements aids in reduced times to completion and leads to fewer supervisor-supervisee misunderstandings.
Please refer to the Regulations on Graduate Student Research Progress Tracking for the steps to be followed for doctoral students. Units may also use the Form for Master’s students in thesis and non-thesis research programs, if this is a unit-wide practice.
This Form must also be completed by Master's and Doctoral external award holders (e.g., of NSERC, SSHRC, and CIHR fellowships). The signed Form must be submitted by the student (with the supervisor copied) to GPS Funding. Award holders must abide by McGill regulations governing awards and should also refer to the relevant Award Holder’s Guide.
GPS Graduate Student Research Progress Tracking Form*
* This is a fillable pdf form and can be signed with digital signatures. Download the pdf from your browser (Firefox and Internet Explorer work best with digital signatures) and save it to your desktop. Open the form using Adobe Acrobat Reader and save it again after filling it in.
Graduate Student FAQ - Click Here
Course Change Request Disclaimer
Note that withdrawing from one or more courses during the semester may – where applicable – affect your government aid and/or McGill work--study eligibility. For international students, it may also impact your immigration status and/or permission to work in Canada.
Please ensure that you are aware of any consequences related to a course withdrawal request: consult with Scholarships & Student Aid Office, International Student Services, and/or your Faculty Student Affairs Office, where relevant.
The following web forms are available to graduate students on the student records website:
- Request for registration/course changes, for one of the following reasons:
- Register for an undergraduate (below 500 level) course
- Add/drop a course after the published deadlines
- Withdraw from a course after the withdrawal deadlines
- Register for courses relative to the second program (for double program students)
- Request for a program change, for one of the following reasons:
- Change program option from thesis to non-thesis
- Add/drop a concentration from a program
- Request for reinstatement into a graduate program:
- For students who have not been registered for a period of less than two years and who have not officially withdrawn from the University
- Request for a leave, for one of the following reasons:
- Maternity (student must submit a medical certificate to the Graduate unit)
- Familial (student must submit a medical certificate to the Graduate unit)
- Parental (student must submit proof of birth to the Graduate unit)
- Personal leave (non-resident status)
- Request for withdrawal from the University
- Guidelines for Accommodation of Pregnant/Breastfeeding Students in Labs