Where can I get practical support such as financial aid or legal counsel?

Speak to your health care provider to determine which medical expenses are covered by provincial health insurance or private health insurance plans and which costs you may have to pay for directly.  In some communities, there may be charitable organizations that can provide financial assistance.

The best person to provide legal advice is a lawyer or notary.  End of life planning may include a will, power of attorney, advance directives, "do not resuscitate" (also known as DNR) orders and more.  You may also wish to discuss legal issues with your health care team and your loved ones.

Back to top