The health and well-being of the McGill community is of utmost importance to the University. McGill is dedicated to ensuring that our researchers can carry out their activities in a manner that is both safe and consistent with the robust and high-quality research for which the University is known.
- As government directives change, find out what the status is of research activities and general operations at McGill by consulting our operational status page.
Coming to the University
- Please read and follow our overall health guidelines, and (as applicable) the health guidelines for students and health guidelines for employees (including student employees)
- All individuals on our campuses are now required to wear a procedural mask at all times when in any indoor shared space. The University will provide procedural masks to all students, faculty and staff coming to our campuses, and individuals who would prefer to bring their own procedural masks will be permitted to do so. There are a few exceptions to this rule - learn more and view a list of mask distribution locations here.
- Complete a daily health check form before coming to campus if you are an employee (including student employees).
- Employees, including student employees, must consult the Employee guide – Return to Campus for procedures related to the resumption of on-campus work.
- Please read and follow the Principles and Procedures for Research on campus and, if relevant, the Directives for Resumption of Research with Human Participants.
- If you supervise an employee, familiarize yourself with the Guide for Supervisors to deal with individuals with COVID symptoms or with confirmed COVID diagnosis on campus and follow the guidelines therein.