Information on this page is in effect currently (Summer 2021)
For information the Fall 2021 semester, visit the Return to Campus Fall 2021 page
Current as of June 30, 2021
No individuals with COVID-19 symptoms (see screening questions for a full symptoms list) are permitted to work on campus.
Every day before coming to campus, employees, student employees, and graduate students working in labs must fill out the COVID-19 Daily health check form for Students and Employees on campus [self-assessment form], which is located under the Personal menu on Minerva. If the individual answers “yes” to any of the 4 screening questions on the form, they are not permitted to access campus.
What if an individual under my supervision reports to me that they have symptoms of COVID-19 or have received a positive test result?
- Reply to the individual by email or phone to ensure that they stay home.
- Ask the individual if they have been on campus (including residences, athletics) in the 48 hours before the first symptoms began or before their positive test result. If yes, ask them to call McGill Security (514-398-3000 or extension 3000) to report to the University and initiate the cleaning/disinfection and contact tracing processes.
What if an individual under my supervision requires accommodations because they are too sick to work or study, or because they need to self-isolate?
- Employees should inform their supervisor and then contact HR disability management at disability.hr [at] mcgill.ca.
- Students should go to Minerva and fill out the self-reporting form to access accommodations.
- Student employees should follow both of the above processes if they need accommodations for both work and school.
What if an individual under my supervision reports symptoms of COVID-19 while at work?
- The individual must be isolated in a room and should put on a procedural mask if available. If a procedural mask is not available, they should put on a fabric mask or face covering.
- The individual should call Santé-Québec at 1-877-644-4545 for instructions.
- The individual should call McGill Security (514-398-3000 or extension 3000) to report to the University and initiate the cleaning/disinfection and contact tracing processes.
What information can I share with my other team members if an individual in my team reports symptoms or a positive COVID-19 test?
- You should not violate the individual’s privacy by naming them.
- The University will inform team members that someone has reported symptoms if they are in a space being emptied for disinfection.
- You can let your team members know that they will be contacted by the University for follow-up if they are a medium or high-risk contact based on the definitions provided by Montreal Public Health. If they are not contacted, they are considered a low-risk contact and should continue to monitor for symptoms as usual.
What if an individual under my supervision develops side effects related to a COVID-19 vaccine?
If an employee is unfit to work due to side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine, a sick day should be deducted.
- Some side effects of the vaccine are the same as the COVID-19 symptoms. If an employee presents symptoms linked with the virus, it is recommended that they use the government’s COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool to find out if they need to get tested.
Consulting a physician is recommended if any of the following apply :
- The employee has serious or unusual symptoms
- The employee’s symptoms get worse instead of better
- The employee’s symptoms last more than 48 hours