Summary of responsibilities in the event of a positive diagnosis
The University’s role
- Maintain employee confidentiality. Note that an employee who has received a positive test result may choose to share that information with their colleagues. However, the University as an employer is not permitted to do so.
- Support the employee as needed.
- Collaborate with the health authorities to provide any information they need to be able to quickly inform people who they consider to be contacts of the infected person.
- Immediately follow all guidance and directives of the Quebec health authorities.
Quebec health authority’s role
- Directly contact the person who tested positive.
- Determine the people who need to self-isolate because of their contact with the infected person and undertake to contact them.
- Provide guidance and directives to the University as an employer to take any steps necessary to maintain the safety of the workplace.
The Employee’s role
Back to top