Health Insurance

Google Code for Remarketing Tag - Bloom

If you don’t have Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident status, you must purchase the compulsory International Health Insurance plan administered by the University.

Insurance must be purchased for yourself, and any accompanying dependent(s). This plan meets the criteria when applying for a Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ), which is required for International students.

You can purchase your insurance online through Minerva, on the International Student Services webpage.

If you’re registering for the first time in September, you should note that maternity benefits for pregnancies which commenced prior to July 15 (or November 15 for registering for the first time in January) are not covered by the University’s health plan.

January registrations are assessed a pro-rated premium.

If you’re applying to an intensive French or English Certificate of Proficiency program, you may be subject to different rates.

Please consult the Certificate of Proficiency Programs rate chart.


1 Term

1 Year




FAMILY (one dependent)



FAMILY (more than one dependent)



Single refers to coverage for the student only.

Family (one dependent) refers to coverage for the student and one other dependent, such as a spouse or a child

Family (more than one dependent) refers to coverage for the student and all of his/her dependents such as spouse and his/her children


More Information

Compulsory International Health Insurance

Purchase Insurance Online

For any questions about this University policy, please contact the Office of International Student Services:

Back to top