LinkedIn SCS

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How do I find living accommodations in Montreal?

Compared to many large cities in the world, it is not very difficult to find a comfortable, clean apartment in Montreal. We recommend you review a practical list of tips on finding an apartment in the city on the McGill Off-Campus Housing website. If you would prefer to live with a local family, please refer to the following links:

Minerva Homestay
La Maison Internationale de Montréal
MS Homestays
Premier Homestay

Rooms in University residences are available only during the summer. Spaces are limited. For more information, see McGill Residences.

How do you help your students adjust to their new McGill environment?

During the first week of your program, there will be an Orientation Session to introduce you to your program of study and the School, as well as the University surroundings and the city of Montreal.

How do I get my McGill ID card?

McGill ID cards are issued at Client Services. Your McGill ID card gives you access to many of McGill's student services, including libraries, computer labs, recreational facilities and much more. Your instructor will provide you with information about obtaining your card after the third day of your class.

Is it possible for me to take a break during my studies?

Yes. Students who successfully pass a level and wish to re-register for the next level at a later date may do so, but only within a calendar year. However, students may be required to re-write the Placement Test upon their return to the program.


Google Code for Remarketing Tag