The Spring Break French Immersion at McGill University helps you improve your language and communication skills in a fun, interesting environment.
This is a four-week total immersion program. You will interact with native speakers every day and practice your French all the time; at homestay, in class, and with your classmates after school.
You will also explore the beautiful multicultural city of Montreal along with your monitors and classmates as you enjoy an exciting life experience – a taste of winter in Canada.
February 19 to March 16, 2018 (4 weeks)
Flight arrivals at Montreal Trudeau airport should be Saturday February 17 (departure March 17).
Includes tuition, activities, mandatory medical insurance, homestay accommodation, weekend daytrips to Ottawa and Quebec City, airport pickup and dropoff, public transit pass (OPUS Card)
- Students stay in homestay with a Canadian family, with 3 meals a day
- Daily classes from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Main instruction with McGill ESL specialists
- Discover Montreal Life and Culture outings and activities with class monitors
- Daily pronunciation class
- Try Montreal food specialties
- Try Canadian winter sports
- “Teacher for a Day” - make cultural presentations in a local elementary school
- Two weekend day trips – Ottawa, Canada’s Capital; and Quebec City, the capital of Quebec province and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Join us for an unforgettable winter adventure in Canada!
Sample program schedule [PDF]
For more information:
Kevin Stanley, Program Coordinator
kevin.stanley [at] mcgill.ca
Contact Administrative Coordinator paola.samano [at] mcgill.ca before January 12, 2017.
We will contact you concerning payment procedures after your application is accepted.