In this hands-on applied course, participants will learn and apply instructional design theory using the systematic and systems-based ADDIE model: Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation. Following this model to create learning (for the classroom, virtual classroom, eLearning, or on-the-job performance support) ensures that learners can perform effectively on the job.
Date: Available on demand for groups of 10 or more
Time: 3 days
Location: 688 Sherbrooke Street West
- Analysis and Design of a portion of a classroom training or webinar
- Plan to Develop, Implement and Evaluate your classroom training or webinar
- Implement feedback received from your peers and facilitator
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the different phases of the instructional design process and the purpose of each.
- Describe how to conduct the Analysis Phase of the process.
- Describe how to create a Design Document that clearly specifies what will happen during instruction.
- Develop objectives for a given task and a corresponding lesson plan.
- Describe the two main steps in the Development Phase.
- Describe the two main steps involved in implementing an instructional solution.
- Describe the four levels of evaluation, the objectives for each and their associated measurement instruments.
- Develop a plan for an Instructional Design project.
High-level topics include:
- Planning Your Instructional Design Project
- Conducting an Analysis for a Training Program
- Designing the foundation of a Training Program
- Developing the Program Materials
- Implementing & Evaluating a Training Program
Sonia Di Maulo is an award-winning performance improvement professional, author, and founder of Harvest Performance. She is passionate about helping leaders find the right approaches and processes to grow their teams’ potential through trust and collaboration.
Her Master’s degree in Educational Technology and a Bachelor’s degree received with distinction in Communication Studies are the foundations for her passion. In 2003 and 2011 Sonia received Awards of Excellence from the International Society of Performance Improvement for Outstanding Instructional Interventions.
She works with local, national, and global companies in diverse sectors with an important focus on delivering needs-based solutions that are meaningful, sustainable, and improve the way we work and connect. Using proven performance improvement practices and principles, Sonia helps organizations improve their work environment and team engagement. It’s all about relationships.
All cancellation & substitution requests must be made in writing. The following Cancellation Policy applies:
Up to 14 days prior to the start date: Full refund
7 days prior to the start date: Refund minus $100 Cancellation fee
Within 7 days of the start date: No Refund, however suitable participation substitution will be permitted
If no notice is given prior to the start of the event(s) and you fail to attend, you will be liable for the full course fee.
McGill SCS reserves the right to cancel an event up to 5 days prior to its start.
E-mail: pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca