Training and Development - Tools and Techniques
Proficiency in Training and Development is a skill that is inconsistently taught in school or on-the-job. Employees are often placed in these positions with very little formal training. They generally excel in their knowledge of the subject matter, are personable, or are good communicators; however their knowledge and skills in training are mostly acquired on their own by trial and error. As a result, they use their common sense on what seems to work. This creates a serious gap in how employees in organizations are trained: Is the training truly effective? Is it consistent across the organization? Are business needs and results being achieved?
Program Duration: 35 hours each course – total of 140 hours for the mini-program
CSTD (Canadian Society for Training and Development) Canada's association for workplace learning, training and development recognizes that the McGill School of Continuing Studies program, Training and Development – Tools and Techniques aligns with the core competencies of the profession, including: assessing performance needs, instructional design, facilitation of learning, supporting the transfer of learning and evaluating training. These are outlined in the professional body of knowledge: Competencies for Training and Development Professionals© CSTD 2010 and have been adopted as a standard of practice by thousands of organizations and individuals.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who are interested in working in a training and development capacity
- New or experienced employees in an organization who have been tasked with training other employees as part of their job function.
This mini-program is ideal for anyone who is dedicated to:
- Improving individual and team performance
- Learning, integrating, and maintaining proven tools and techniques in a training environment
- Providing others with a profound learning experience that gets translated in improved performance, morale, and confidence
- Beyond Training: Needs Analysis and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Delivering Effective Training
- Designing Effective Training
- Advanced Techniques: Inspiring Exceptional Performance