Advanced Techniques: Inspiring Exceptional Performance
In this hands-on applied course, participants will take their skills to the next level. Several presentations will allow participants to use the tools and techniques in specialized situations, in teams, and based on their gaps identified in a self-assessment. Special attention will be placed on asking for and delivering feedback in the classroom: a key skill that boosts performance and confidence in the classroom and on-the-job. Participants will also acquire skills to lead and present their ideas to and ask for feedback from key stakeholders.
Date: May 12 - 14, 2014
Time: 21 hrs in class & 14 hours of homework – total of 35 hours
Location: 688 Sherbrooke Street West
- Determine your Guiding Principles
- Prepare a presentation: Communicate your Leadership Potential
- Develop a Lesson Plan using strategies covered in the course to deliver a training session that helps your team or group thrive, flourish, and become excited to work together to achieve business results
- Develop a plan for taking action and staying accountable
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Confidently use active training and advanced instructional techniques to lead participants and contribute to team success.
- Use guiding principles and effective communication strategies to cultivate collaboration and future success at work and in the classroom
- Using the 3+1 Feedback strategy, self-assess your performance and offer feedback that encourages and improves performance
- Using strong visuals and limited words on PowerPoint slides, communicate your leadership potential
- Using a design document template, create a design document and lesson plan using active training strategies
- Using scenarios, situations from your experience or existing course materials, prepare for and deliver a 20-min presentation in pairs
- Using a worksheet, identify key learning points to implement over the next 6 months and communicate these to your team
- Using an action plan template, develop a plan for taking action and staying accountable
High-level topics include:
- Effective Communication Skills for Delivering Feedback that Improves Performance
- Boost your Leadership Success
- Active Training in Action!
- Action Planning for Future Success
Sonia Di Maulo MA, founder of Harvest Performance, is passionate about helping leaders and trainers find the right processes and systems that grow their teams’ potential for trust and collaboration. Her Master’s degree in Educational Technology and a Bachelor’s degree received with distinction in Communication Studies are the foundations for her passion.
Ms. Di Maulo works with local, national, and global companies in diverse sectors with an important focus on delivering needs-based solutions that are meaningful, sustainable, and improve the way we work and connect. It’s all about relationships.
All cancellation & substitution requests must be made in writing. The following Cancellation Policy applies:
Up to 14 days prior to the start date: Full refund
7 days prior to the start date: Refund minus $100 Cancellation fee
Within 7 days of the start date: No Refund, however suitable participation substitution will be permitted
If no notice is given prior to the start of the event(s) and you fail to attend, you will be liable for the full course fee.
McGill SCS reserves the right to cancel an event up to 5 days prior to its start.