The goal of every consultant is to improve the performance of organizations by resolving problems and providing recommendations. To be effective, every consultant must be equipped with the necessary competencies and tools. This course provides participants with an overview of sound management consulting tools, processes, and best practices. It explains the process of management consulting, including the 5-phase consulting model adopted by the Canadian Association of Management Consultants (CMC-Canada). This model provides a procedure for evaluating and improving organizational performance.
Day & Time
In-Class Section #761
|Online Section #762|
* Fees for non-credit courses apply
Course duration: 30 hours in class plus approximately 30 hours of readings and assignments
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 6
This course is part of the Professional Development Certificate in Management Consulting. For more information, click here.
If you wish to register for an individual course without being admitted to the program, please click here for registration instructions.
Using a practical approach, this course covers the fundamental knowledge, methodologies, tools, techniques, and standards required for the professional management consultant, the five stages of the consulting process, as well as working as part of a consulting team. This course is valuable to anyone who wishes to deliver superior service to clients, or is considering pursuing the CMC designation. This is the keystone course for the Professional Development Certificate in Management Consulting.
- Understanding the responsibilities of the management consulting profession
- Knowing the origins and professional organizations of management consulting
- Understanding trends in management consulting
- Acquiring the knowledge and understanding of the range and scope of management consulting practices
- Understanding what makes an effective management consultant
- Knowing how to apply the consulting process and tools
- Producing written and oral reports
- Developing and maintaining client relations
One week (7 calendar days) prior to the first class.
If you miss the registration deadline, please contact 514-398-5454 or pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca
Course Drop/Withdrawal Policy
- Any time prior to the 1st class: Course Drop Period with Full Refund.
- After the 1st and before the 2nd class: Course Drop Period with Refund minus $20 fee.
- After the 2nd class: Course Withdrawal with No Refund.
E-mail: pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca