Google Code for Remarketing Tag - Bloom
Career and Professional Development (CPD) Programs
You may need to meet some mathematics requirements for certain programs in this department. You may be eligible for exemption based on previously completed courses.
To receive an exemption, you must meet the following criteria:
- The previous courses must have been completed within the last 5 years.
- The course has been successfully completed with a minimum grade of 75% (see table below for specifics).
- If you have completed the course more than 5 years ago, it will not be considered, regardless of the grade received.
- Regardless of the degree of studies obtained (engineering, math, physics etc.), if you completed it more than 5 years ago, and if you are not pursuing any graduate studies or research in a related field, no math exemptions will be granted.
Exemptions may be granted based on the following previously pursued math courses:
|CMSC 000 Foundations of Mathematics||
Quebec CEGEP courses:
1) Math 536 Upgrading (Math 536 Enrichi) OR
2) A course covering sequences and series* (including infinite sequence equations) with a minimum grade of 80%.
* Note: Sequences and Series constitute 30% of the course and if absent no exemptions will be given.
|CMSC 101 College Algebra and Functions||
Quebec CEGEP courses:
Calculus 1 (such as 201-NYA) AND
McGill courses (each with a minimum grade of “B”):
Math 140 Calculus 1 AND
Math 122 Calculus for Management AND
Concordia courses (each with a minimum grade of “B”):
|CMS2 500 Mathematics for Management
(Graduate level course)
|Students need to have completed courses at the University level with a minimum grade of B, in each of the areas of Mathematics in Finance, Probability & Statistics and Optimization to be considered for an exemption.|
NOTE: Upon the granting of an exemption, no credits are granted for all of the above mentioned courses.
Requesting an Exemption
To request an exemption, you must submit a completed and signed , along with the required supporting documents, when you apply for admission.
When submitting a course outline as a support document, it should be from the same academic year and term as that which appears on your transcript. Otherwise, it will be refused.
Alternatively, you may also opt for an Exemption by Examination Test.
Registering for Courses with Prerequisites
You want to register for a course that requires a prerequisite, but your grade is still pending, you will be allowed to register. However, once you receive your grade, if you did not obtain a minimum grade of “C” (undergraduate level) or “B-“ (graduate level) in the prerequisite course (or course CMSC 000), you are responsible to withdraw from the course you registered for.
The School will notify students who have been withdrawn from a course.