Google Code for Remarketing Tag - Bloom
Number of Interns: 4
Placement Start Date: Immediate
Placement End Date: 2 -6 months (TBD)
Supervisor at Organization: Ms Zeenatu Suglo Adams,
POSTED: October 2020
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to internships.scs [at] mcgill.ca and CC mcf-transition [at] mcgill.ca. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Pneuma Food Scientifics (PFS) is a Sole Proprietorship Business registered under the Registration of Business Names Act 1962, Act 161 of Ghana. The business was certified on 22nd May 2015 as Pheuma Food Scientifics and was later changed to Pneuma Food Scientifics on the 4th September 2018. The primary business activity of PFS is to provide consultancy services to individuals and companies within the food industry segments, aid in food product development from idea stage to upscaling phase, and add value and promote indigenous and underutilized crops. PFS was started by Zeenatu Adams Suglo in 2015 as a team of volunteer junior research scientists and entrepreneurs to assist the research activities of busy graduate students and lecturers. With increasing demand from our clientele, the team realized how we could monetise the service being provided as a profit-oriented venture, beyond voluntary participation by team members. Apart from consultancy services on Food Safety and Quality Management Systems, our maiden product brand is FibreLicious, a range of novel products with high fruit fibre. Fibre sourced from plants is known to have various functions in the body’s metabolic activity, especially during digestion. Dietary fiber plays a significant role in the health of humans, such act as being protective agents from cardiac diseases, diverticulosis, constipation, irritable colon, colon cancer and diabetes (Gorinstein et al., 2001 & Rodriguez et al., 2006).
PFS’ FibreLicious was the first place winner of an Elevator Pitch Contest (EPC) organized in Ghana (which was sponsored by Sight and Life, Association of Ghana Industries, and McGill University). Below is the link to the details on the Elevator Pitch Contest (EPC) Award:
Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/pneumafoodscientifics/?hl=en
FibreLicious video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDtbzVgJkmG/
In order to realize its full potential, PFS requires the support of interns in a number of areas.
Interns/Fellows will work with PFS to develop a comprehensive strategic framework to upscale PFS.
- Perform an intensive global market research and identify effective advertising and Marketing strategies for PFS.
- Develop a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standard or system for the export of FibreLicious Fruity mix.
- Carry out research to identify key stakeholders, such as potential partners for the organization/project and their strategic priorities.
- Update business plan for PFS to represent our current state and future aspirations.
- Study effect of high-fruit fibre instant mix on serum lipids and colonic function.
- Develop official website for PFS.
- Report on identified niche market and excellent advertising and marketing strategies to increase income.
- Presentation of a well structured GFSI standard or system for the export of FibreLicious Fruity mix to meet prospective client requirements.
- Report on key stakeholders, including potential partners for the organization/project and their strategic priorities.
- Business plan for organization based on the needs identified at the beginning of the process, current state and future projections of business.
- Present results on the effect and impact of high-fruit fibre instant mix on serum lipids and colonic function.
- A world class standard website for PFS.