Google Code for Remarketing Tag - Bloom
Number of Interns: 2
Proposed Start Date: ASAP
Proposed End Date: Friday, December 17, 2021
Number of Work Hours per Week: 20 – 30
Date posted: April 28, 2021
- Internship end date is flexible, based on Interns' ability to achieve deliverables
- Work hours are also flexible
Full Address of organization/unit: 34A Fola Osibo Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to internships.scs [at] mcgill.ca and CC mcf-transitions [at] mcgill.ca. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Nourishing Africa is a social enterprise focused on supporting African agriculture and food entrepreneurs to scale their businesses by providing resources, tools, and opportunities to bridge critical knowledge and capacity gaps in the entrepreneurial landscape. Nourishing Africa has established a digital knowledge and membership platform for agrifood entrepreneurs from farm to fork across Africa to connect with each other, and access funding, data, markets, mentors, industry experts, training, and other related services for the growth of their businesses. The organization's activities cut across business development, capacity building, IT, media and communications, and program implementation.
Placement Description & Logistics
Business Development Intern
The internship position is for a resourceful, self-directed individual who is willing to apply knowledge of business practices and processes in a fast-paced and hands-on environment. The intern will help develop a viable commercial and sustainable business model for the organization.
1. Analyze business goals, objectives, operations, and needs.
2. Lead the planning and design of a sustainable and profitable business model.
3. Perform research and analysis in support of business operations.
4. Map, implement, and monitor revenue streams.
5. Assess and advise on potential investment opportunities.
6. Provide advice for the negotiation and closing of business deals and projects that promote sustained revenue
1. Strategic business case for Nourishing Africa.
2. Business model canvas for Nourishing Africa.
3. Executive reports on research and data analysis conducted.
4. Strategic financial plan and fundraising strategy.
5. Executive report on investment sources and partnerships relevant for Nourishing Africa.
6. Work plan for development and implementation of business negotiations and stakeholder engagement.
Marketing and Partnership Development Intern
The internship position is for a resourceful, self-directed individual who is willing to apply knowledge of business development, sales, and digital marketing in a fast-paced and hands-on environment. The intern will support the development of a brand strategy for Nourishing Africa as well as the expansion of its marketing activities.
1. Evaluate and improve sales, marketing, and branding strategies.
2. Identify and develop new lines of business activities and opportunities to increase brand awareness and profitability.
3. Perform competitor analysis toward obtaining an increased market share.
4. Identify high-impact industry networks and stakeholders for collaboration opportunities.
1. Branding strategy, sales and marketing plan for the organization.
2. Executive report on new lines of business activities and opportunities for Nourishing Africa.
3. Executive report on competitive landscape.
4. Executive report on potential strategic partners for Nourishing Africa.