Offering you clarity, confidence, skills, and connections to succeed in your career
Register for a series and benefit from complementary individual meetings with our Career & Transition Advisors to provide you with personalized coaching and assistance!
Over 20 sessions per semester (daytime and weekends), including:
Professional Transition Series: 7-Step Career Roadmap for local and internationally-trained professionals
Equipping the non-native professional with knowledge and know-how for a fulfilling career in the local labour market. FREE for SCS students!
- My Career Roadmap
- Labour Market Prospects
- Education, Healthcare & Accreditation Systems in Quebec
- Quebec Labour Standards
- My Occupation Here & Now: Getting the Complete Picture
- The Canadian Workplace: Communication & Culture(s): Parts 1 & 2
Job Search Series
Training, coaching and practice for all your employment outreach efforts. Discount for SCS students!
- My Value Proposition
- My Networking Skills & LinkedIn
- My CVs and Cover Letters
- My Interview Skills in Practice: Parts 1 & 2
Combined Workshop Series
Includes these 10 topics and is likewise available to non-SCS students
Individual Advising & Coaching Sessions
Contact our Career and Transition Advisors in order to:
- Clarify your career objectives
- Reinforce your understanding of the labour market needs in your area of interest
- Increase your confidence in your career transition and transferable skills
- Obtain information on recognition processes for international qualifications and Canadian culture at work
- Review your CV and cover letters, enhance your networking skills and prepare for interviews
If you would like to set up an appointment, contact us by labourmarketconnections.scs [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Individual%20Meetings) (email here).
- Speaker Series: Succeed in your Career
Speakers include industry professionals in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain & Operations Management, International Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Entrepreneurship, Internet Business, Project Management, Business Analysis, Human Resources, and more
- Financial Support for your Career Goals
- Recruiter Series: Insights & Job Opportunities for SCS Students
- Professional Transitions: Change Jobs, Change Careers, Change Countries
Join us at one of our many networking events to meet industry leaders, listen to guest presentations, expand your network, obtain some personalized advice, and engage with the CATS community!
Our 2017 Job Fair was a success!
Want to be the first to hear about the next one?
Sign up for our Newsletter
These services are made available in part through the CATS student fee. Current SCS students and recent alumni (18 months or less) may benefit from these activities at reduced rates.
Non-SCS students are welcome to sign up for our Workshops and Networking Events as well.
Email: labourmarketconnections.scs [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Request%20Information)
Telephone: 514-398-8800 ext. 04553