Google Code for Remarketing Tag - Bloom
Diploma in Accounting
Effective accountants are in demand in every organization. Are you prepared for the challenge?
The Diploma in Accounting program provides a broad-based accounting education for university graduates which will help prepare you for admission to a recognized CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP), thus preparing you for the profession, as well as, for positions as an accountant in industry.
Be among a select group of professionals in a stimulating and challenging career. Whether you want to work in public practice, industry, or government, the accounting profession offers you a variety of rewarding career options.
Program Outline:Course Schedule
Type: Diploma Courses: 10 Credits: 30 Schedule: Full-time or Part-time Time: Evenings and Saturdays Delivery: Virtual (temporary) Unit: Administration and Governance Questions? info.conted [at] mgill.ca
The program is designed to enable you to:
- Apply current financial accounting practices
- Understand the process of financial reporting
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of an auditor
- Apply the basic principles of tax law
- Determine accounting income, working capital, and flow of funds
- Perform cost accounting, including cost/volume/profit relationships
- Make decisions related to business operations, including investments and financing
- Apply fundamental corporate finance theory, including capital budgeting, firm value maximization, risk, and return.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or 3.2 out of 4.0 in the last two years of full-time academic studies or equivalent.
- If your CGPA is lower than the above requirement, please submit the following for consideration with your application, official transcript:
a) Letter of Intent: A letter, 1 to 2 pages in length single-spaced, written in English or French, which addresses the following; basis for interest in the program;
- your knowledge that would be pertinent to the program;
- your interest in the field of study and the reasons for applying to our program;
- plans for integrating the training into your current or future career;
- description of your professional experience and its relevance, if applicable, to the program;
- awards received or other contributions;
- any additional information relevant to your application.
b) Curriculum Vitae
c) Two Letters of Reference (signed and on letterhead): At least one should be from a current or former employer.
d) GMAT and/or GRE Test Score Results (optional): Submit a copy of the official test score results.
Career opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Accounting and business planning
- Tax planning and preparation
- Controllership services
- Management consulting
- Financial planning
- Retirement planning
- Estate planning
- Succession planning
- Systems advice and implementation
- Business start-up advice
"I had a Bachelors degree in microbiology and immunology. I realized that science wasn't for me anymore. I wanted to know that what I studied would secure a job. I did the graduate diploma in two years, and then I completed the CPA exam. The instructors prepared us so well. The big four firms recruit through the program and my first job was through one of those companies. Now I work as a CPA in the pharmaceutical industry. The career opportunities are endless."