Google Code for Remarketing Tag - Bloom
Micro-credential in Interaction Design and Prototyping for XR
Want to jump-start or advance your career in Gaming or Augmented/Virtual Reality?
The Interaction Design & Prototyping for XR micro-credential emphasizes the skills needed to design and prototype intuitive, usable, and human-centered experiences for AR, VR, and MR (jointly referred to as XR) while applying usability considerations for immersive experiences. It covers the tools, processes, and techniques required to design and prototype AR/VR/XR interfaces, experiences, and layouts, using industry-recognized tools such as Unity, Shapes XR, Figma, and Adobe Aero.
Statista predicts that the worldwide user base for AR and VR will reach 2,593.1m users by 2027. This micro-credential provides you with invaluable hands-on experience and practical skills that can help distinguish you in the field.
Type: Micro-credential Courses: 1 Schedule: Part-time Delivery: Online Time to complete: 10 weeks Questions? mcgill.scs [at] xrcourse.com
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive:
- An Attestation of Completion from McGill University’s School of Continuing Studies
- A McGill University School of Continuing Studies and Circuit Stream digital micro-credential
This course is offered in partnership with Circuit Stream, a leading provider of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) education.
Skills in developing and designing real-time 3D experiences have a high predicted growth in the next 10 years according to Lightcast.
Source: Lightcast™ . 2023
Interaction Design & Prototyping for XR
30 hours over 10 weeks
Using industry-recognized tools, software, workflows and processes, this project-based foundational course aims to equip you with in-demand knowledge and skills required to design and prototype intuitive, usable, and human-centered experiences for AR, VR and MR (jointly referred to as XR) while applying usability considerations for immersive experiences. Through hands-on projects, you will have opportunities to apply your skills to create a portfolio showcasing XR experiences.
Upon completion of the Interaction Design & Prototyping for XR course, you should be able to:
- Appreciate why UX practices are essential when creating AR and VR experiences
- Differentiate between the process of designing new experiences for XR and designing for web or mobile software
- Use design best practices and patterns applied to immersive environments and XR applications
- Design while applying usability considerations for immersive experiences
- Use tools, processes, and techniques to design interfaces and layouts
- Create prototypes for XR using industry-recognized tools such as Unity, ShapesXR, Figma, Adobe Aero, and Spark AR
Proof of English proficiency is not required to enroll in this micro-credential. However, a good command of English is necessary to perform well and complete the course.
Course Starter - CAD $3,950 plus applicable taxes and administrative fees.
Course Plus - CAD $4,950 plus applicable taxes and administrative fees. Includes access to “UX Design Fundamentals for XR” online asynchronous self-paced course and access to live one-on-one support.