Google Code for Remarketing Tag - Bloom
Micro-credential in Digital Product Management Fundamentals
Looking for the fastest way to jumpstart your career in Digital Product Management?
New to Product Management?
Composed of only two courses, this Micro-credential is designed to equip professionals with industry-relevant knowledge and skills required in the digital economy to lead the development and management of innovative digital products with agility and Product Thinking mindset. This includes developing an understanding of emerging technologies and new business models, identifying customer needs and translating them into technical requirements, launching products, and managing the product lifecycle.
This micro-credential will help you gain hands-on experience and skills that will set you apart in the field. Upon successful completion, you will receive a Digital Badge and an Attestation of Completion.
Type: Micro-credential Courses: 2 Schedule: Part-time Time: Evenings, Tues & Thurs Delivery: Virtual Time to complete: 1 semester Questions? info.conted [at] mcgill.ca
Digital Product Management Fundamentals
Digital product strategy, value creation, digital product development and lifecycle management process, product decision-making, methodologies, frameworks and tools enabling design of performant digital products; leading product development teams and stakeholders with agility and collaborative mindset.
Digital Platforms and Emerging Technologies
Overview of emerging technologies, their level of maturity and their main applications. Fundamental tools to help make well-informed technology decisions. Digital platforms and ecosystems, platform innovation, business models and selection. Introduction to technology roadmaps.
To stay competitive in the digital economy, companies need to develop new products using digital technologies. Digital product innovation is an essential part of digital transformation.
According to the 2019 Gartner report entitled “How Digital Product Management Unlocks Opportunities for New Value Creation,” digital product management is an emerging discipline that expands the scope of the product manager’s role. Organizations that embrace and invest in this discipline will be better equipped to capitalize on market shifts and changes in business dynamics, including disruptions.
Product professionals lead this process with the clients’ needs in mind, translating them into technical requirements and developing strategies for commercial and financial success of the product. They also need to foresee and create future demand for new products, services or features. Steve Jobs explained this need for visionary product professionals well when he said that "People don't know what they want until you show it to them. That's why I never rely on market research. Our task is to read things that are not yet on the page.”
Although the core product development and management principles are universal, leading digital product development requires specific skills, especially since the variety of digital products is constantly expanding, from software, video games, websites, and apps, to algorithms and virtual reality experiences etc. Additionally, different types of digital products require varying types of product management processes, skills and tools.
Julia Austin captured the essence of what a great Product Manager is in her Harvard Business Review article: “Beyond shipping new features on a regular cadence and keeping the peace between engineering and the design team, the best PMs create products with strong user adoption that have exponential revenue growth and perhaps even disrupt an industry.”
- Both established and aspiring business and technology professionals involved in digital product development and digital transformation.
- Key business stakeholders and sponsors who are leading digital transformation initiatives and teams, and who need to understand digital product development
- Program and Project Managers
- New Product Development Managers
- Product Owners
- Product Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Software Developers and Designers
- Data Scientists
- Machine Learning and AI Practitioners
- Marketing and Sales Professionals
- Entrepreneurs and Intrapreneurs who wish to explore new opportunities and challenges of digital product leadership.
Upon completion of this Micro-credential, you should be able to:
- Explain the key benefits of the Product Thinking approach and its role in digital transformation.
- Describe how businesses can boost their digital product development capabilities through product and business model innovation
- Apply a comprehensive set of tools, frameworks and practices to lead digital product development
- Contribute to product design in order to generate high value for users
- Support digital product development process
- Plan the product development with an agile and multidisciplinary mindset
- Generate customer insights to create the right customer experience and digital product
- Develop and facilitate creative workshops to support product innovation teams
- Collaborate efficiently with product development teams
- Consider intellectual property and legal issues in digital product development
- Explain how different established and emerging technologies can be leveraged for business value within an organization.
- Describe the implications of recent technological trends, as well as the challenges that relate to emerging technologies.
- Apply best practices and decision-making framework to select and implement the right technology in new digital product development.
Proof of English proficiency is not required to enrol in this Micro-credential. However, a good command of English is necessary to perform well and complete the courses.
Digital Product Fundamentels
Please select individual course links for pricing and dates. Register for both courses as part of this Micro-credential and save $200.
Digital Platforms and Emerging Technologies