AbsenceIndividual lessons missed as a result of the student's absence will be made up only in the following cases:
- If notice of the cancellation is given 48 hours in advance to the instructor and if the reason for the cancellation is an exceptional school activity at which the student's presence is required. The student must obtain a justification document from the institution and present this at the next lesson.
- If the cancellation is due to illness and if notice of cancellation is given 48 hours in advance to the instructor.
A maximum of one excused absence for individual lessons will be accepted each term. Beyond this, no refunds or make-ups will be available. All make-up lessons must be completed before the beginning of the next Conservatory year (before Summer Session begins).
- Instructors are under no obligation to make up lessons missed by the student due to family vacations taken during the academic year.
- We regret that group instruction missed by the student cannot be made up.
- For any prolonged absence, a doctor's certificate must be presented to the Conservatory Office and may result in cancellation of lessons after the start of term.
- Lessons will not be made up for same-day cancellation due to illness.
Individual lessons missed as a consequence of the instructor's absence will be made up at the mutual convenience of the instructor and student.
- Written notification is required; ceasing to attend lessons or simply notifying the teacher does not constitute a withdrawal.
- The written notification of withdrawal must be submitted before the third class to be eligible for a refund equivalent to 80% of the course fee.
- No refunds can be made for late notification of withdrawal.
All Other Courses
For all courses and lessons, all charges are final and not reversible after the posted registration deadline. Withdrawal for registrations that have taken place during the late registration period are not eligible for refund or reversal of charges.
If withdrawing for medical reasons a medical certificate must be submitted to the McGill Conservatory Office along with a written request for course withdrawal for the student in question.
For all courses and lessons, all charges are final and not reversible after the posted registration deadlines. Withdrawals for registrations that have taken place during the late registration period are not eligible for refund or reversal of charges.
Students who must withdraw for medical reasons exceptionally may be eligible for a full or partial refund.