Volunteer on-campus or in the wider Montreal community! Whether you're helping with orientation, connecting with a charity, or engaging with local initiatives, volunteering is a great way to meet people and gain valuable experience. Ask students groups how you can help or volunteer.
While this is not an exhaustive list, the following links are to provide you with an idea of the types of volunteering opportunities available to you. We encourage you to explore your interests and get involved where it makes the most sense for you!
Campus Life and Engagement (CL&E):
- Orientation: Fall and Winter Orientation (Frosh) depend on our many student volunteers and collaboration across the McGill community. Find out how you can volunteer for Orientation!
- Outreach Agents: CL&E recruits volunteers to promote its services and help bring forward new opportunities in the areas of environment and community development.
- Days of Service: A community initiative that offers you a chance to enjoy short-term group volunteer placements on campus and all around Montreal.
- Want to see all the opportunities available to volunteer with the CL&E team? Visit our Volunteer Opportunities page!
- Community Outreach and Volunteering Clubs: A variety of SSMU recognized volunteer programs on and off-campus.
- Branches: A program hosted by the Office of Enrolment Services that creates programming for a diverse range of young students.
- Faculty of Engineering Youth Action and Outreach: A chance to collaborate with youth and teachers in high-school settings to support experiential, relationship-centered, and responsive learning opportunities.
- Faculty of Science Outreach: Connect with the community while building skills in public speaking, translating knowledge, leadership and more!
- McGill Office of Religious and Spiritual Life: MORSL offers a of number ways to connect and volunteer within areas of your own faith and in others.
- Macdonald Campus Student Affairs Office: For volunteer opportunities on the Mac Campus, students are encouraged to reach out to their office of Student Affairs directly.
If you are looking for volunteer opportunities within a specific faculty or office, we encourage you to reach out to them directly via their website or email.
Contact cle [at] mcgill.ca if you would like support in finding the right opportunity for you.
Visit the Montreal Volunteer Bureau for more ways to get involved in Montreal!