The objective of this fellowship is to provide travel and accommodation support for trainees to attend national or international meetings to present Centre research and as a way to foster interactions with other researchers at national or international institutions. The Centre will also support travel between Centre institutions which promote cross-Centre collaborations and to participate in advanced level training courses. The total amount available for all travel is $20,000/year. The Award is claimed upon filing an expense report once the trainee has returned from the conference/training.
Appropriate requests may fund:
- Presentation of Centre research at national or international meetings
- Travel between Centre member laboratories for the purpose of collaborative experiments or training in new techniques
- Travel to participate in advanced level training courses in research techniques
Requests for funding should be made by filling out the short downloadable application form (below) and by providing a copy of your abstract. Both should be emailed or faxed to christiane.trudeau [at] mcgill.ca (Christiane Trudeau). Awards will be allocated by the Travel Awards Panel, formed from the Centre Steering Committee.
Conditions of Award
- The Centre will fund up to 50% of the travel to a maximum of $1,000.
- Only students registered in Quebec are eligible.
- Each research laboratory can submit several applications per year and allocations will be at the discretion of the review panel and subject to fund availability. Each PI has the responsibility to prioritise applications within their group. One request per trainee per year will be accepted to ensure that all students and postdocs are given the opportunity to apply and receive funding.
- Applications can be submitted any time during the year, and at least one month before the proposed conference or training. A copy of the abstract must also be submitted with the application. Trainees can submit a request once their presentation has been accepted by the conference organisers.
- Applications for cross-Centre travel for a defined block of training or collaborative experiments can be submitted from time to time.
- Support from the Centre should be acknowledged in the byline of any published work initiated as a result of receiving the travel award. This will ensure that the Centre achieves one of its assessment criteria.
The following must be provided to be reimbursed the full amount of the award:
All original receipts/invoices;
A copy of the front page of the conference booklet (showing date and location);
A copy of the page where your presentation or poster is indicated (showing time and date);
Detailed meal receipts must be provided;
All boarding passes for airplane/bus/train must also be included;
Give an indication of what the conference registration includes - accommodation, meals, etc., if the registration invoice does not stipulate;
Students and PDF who are not enrolled at McGill University must submit a Claimant Signature From (available on the right side-bar).
Please forward all documents with appropriate original receipts to Christiane Trudeau for processing:
Institute of Parasitology
Macdonald Campus, McGill University
21,111 Lakeshore Road
Ste Anne de Bellevue, QC
Application form for travel funds - travel_award_application_form_en.doc
Travel Awards Disbursed to Students throughout Centre