We are delighted to present our new website directory. Similar to our book catalogue, this filter lets you keyword search our extensive and constantly updated collection of links. We link you to literally hundreds of web resources on dozens of career topics.
We've added new books to our collection. Most items may be borrowed overnight; please refer to our complete loan policy for more details.
At the Brown Resource Centre:
• Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment
Focus on strengths rather than weaknesses to work towards happiness and self-improvement.
• The Creative Entrepreneur: A DIY Visual Guidebook for Making Business Ideas Real
Create a visual journal to develop a whole-brain approach to creative entrepreneurship.
• Cultures and Organizations: Software for the Mind
Describes a theory of cultural relativism and its applications based on over 30 years of cross-cultural research.
• Get Paid What You're Worth: The Expert Negotiator's Guide To Salary And Compensation
Learn to negotiate the best possible compensation package.
• Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
It takes more than talent and ability to achieve success. Learn to develop the proper mindset to motivate others and yourself.
• Opposable Mind: Winning Through Integrative Thinking
Develop the ability to consider opposing ideas simultaneously in order to reach a creative synthesis.
• Refuse To Choose!: How to Use All of Your Interests, Passions, and Hobbies
Integrate all of your passions and interests to create the career of your dreams.
• The Gift: Creativity and the Artist in the Modern World
Defends creativity and its cultural importance. A manifesto for creatives and thinkers.
• Who Moved My Cheese?
Best-selling parable about how to deal with unexpected changes in life and at the workplace.
• Working with Emotional Intelligence
Develop emotional intelligence to improve work relationships.
At the Engineering Career Centre:
• Exceeding Expectations: Success Stories for Young Professionals
Illustrates through true stories seven main points to ensure career success.
• Find Your First Professional Job, 3rd ed.
Explains how to get your first professional job. Includes sample CVs, interviewing strategies, and tips on how to succeed on the job and survive evaluation. Contains six appendices, including worksheets and additional resources.
Other odds and ends:
SWAP offers programs for Canadians who want to go abroad to work and travel. We have print copies of the latest SWAP brochure but you can also download it here. If you'd like to speak to someone in person, pay their co-ordinator a visit at Voyages Campus in the Shatner Building.
• The H1B Plus database contains all 405,000 Department of Labor H1B visa records and allows searches by job title, occupation, employer, location, wage and number of petitions.
• Canada City Career Guides for Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto will soon be available.
• Central American Country Career Guides for Costa Rica, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Panama are in the works. There is a possibility that these will be translated into Spanish as well.
• The Corporate Employer Directory has been expanded five-fold and now contains more than 150,000 listings organized by industry and location.
If you have any questions, would like more information or have purchasing suggestions, don't hestitate to visit, call 514-398-3304 ext. 00950 or send an caps [dot] library [at] mcgill [dot] ca (e-mail).