Security reminders for this holiday season
McGill Security Services would like to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season. Before you leave for your well-deserved break, please spare a thought for the following:
- If you intend to work or study on campus during the holiday break, please consult the building hours before you visit. Almost all buildings are closed during the holiday season and others have reduced operating hours. If applicable, please ensure you have the proper silent hour access for the building you intend to work or study in. Please consult the Security access list for your area access manager.
- Do not lend your McGill ID card with access rights to anyone during your absence. It is both a contravention of University policy and a serious security breach. Do not allow anyone to "piggyback" on your access into a building. The reduced building occupancy during the holidays increases the risk.
- Remind your contacts that you will be away. Security Services cannot provide access for deliveries.
- If you are an emergency contact for a building or a laboratory and will be away for an extended period of time, arrange for an alternate person to replace you. Update your contact list and advise Security Services and the building director.
- Consult the holiday newsletter published by Facilities Management. It provides a complete list of services available and special safety and security issues related to the holiday season.
- Consult the Bulletins section of our website for the latest on matters of concern in our community.
Enjoy your holidays.
McGill Security Services works with you for a safe community. Remember: Report anyone or anything suspicious. The 398-3000 phone line is answered 24/7.