Spring is nearly here, which means that you might be looking
ahead and thinking of finding a summer job. Please see our page on
summer jobs for tips and resources, including a
handout on where to look for summer jobs and a list of recommended
books and websites.
We've also acquired some new titles to help you develop your career and/or prepare for graduate school. These titles are available at the CaPS office in the Brown building (Room 2200) unless otherwise noted.
WetFeet Insider Guides
WetFeet guides provide information and advice on various industries. They get their information from insiders and professionals, and often contain 'real people' profiles.
- Careers in Entertainment and Sports
- Careers in Human Resources
- Careers in IT Consulting
- Careers in Nonprofit and Government Agencies
- Careers in Pharmaceuticals
- Careers with a Conscience
- Green Careers
- Networking Works!
- Survival Guide for Women in Business
Graduate school and financial aid
- Best 301 Business Schools 2010
- Best 174 Law Schools 2010
- Best 168 Medical Schools 2010
- Building Brighter Futures: Bursary & Scholarship Awards for First Nations, Inuit and Métis Students 2010-2011
- Canadian Medical Residency Guide: Taking Control of Your Future Medical Career and Financial Life
- Pocket Guide to Graduate School Admissions 2009
Jobs and the labour market
Qui Fait Quoi: Guide source annuel 2010 is an annual directory of companies working in the Québec performance and cultural industries. Use this directory to identify potential employers in these fields. The March 2010 edition of Qui Fait Quoi magazine includes an education/training directory.
The International Educator's (TIE) February articles and job ads are now available. Access TIE, and our other online subscriptions, through myFuture. Sign in as usual and click on View Document Library under Shortcuts. Under the Type drop-down menu, select CAPS- Subscription and then click on Apply Search. A list of our online subscriptions will display; scroll down for TIE.
U.S. students, check out Job Choices,
the newsletter of the National Association of Colleges and
Employers (NACE). It features current information on the hiring
outlook for the class of 2010 in the U.S., what employers look for
in job candidates, salaries, and practical tips and advice.
For those considering working abroad, the Grad Singapore 2010 Employer Directory is available online.
New acquisitions at the Engineering Career Centre
- Kiewit: An Uncommon Company
- WetFeet Insider Guide: Green Careers
- WetFeet Insider Guide: Careers in IT Consulting
- WetFeet Insider Guide: Industries and Careers for Engineers
If you have any questions or have purchasing suggestions, don't
hestitate to visit, call 514-398-3304 ext. 00950 or send an
caps.library [at] mcgill.ca" target="_blank">e-mail.
Search our catalogue and website directory for more career resources. We have resources for graduate school, financial aid, CVs and cover letters, self-assessment, networking, occupations, self-improvement, study skills, and much more.