The CDO is thrilled to announce that the new Public Interest Career Guide has been published and is available (NCDH 416).
This latest edition of the Public Interest Career Guide describes over 200 internships and job opportunities with employers and organisations in Montreal, in Canada and elsewhere. It also contains testimony from students, graduates and professors of the Faculty.
Among the many features of the guide, you will find information, advice and opportunities pertaining to:
- Finding legal work in the area of public interest
- Curriculum choices in the McGill Faculty of Law related to public interest
- Summer studies at international universities, international law academies, institutes and centres for human rights
- Application package and networking with legal professionals
- Funding sources for student internships including private bursaries and grants, fellowships and fundraising ideas
- Potential career directions including public interest firms, legal aid clinics, academia and opportunities with the government
- Provincial Bar requirements
This guide is the newest in the great family of CDO publications, which includes:
- The International Law Career Guide (October 2008)
- The Graduate Law Students’ Career Guide (August 2008)
- The Legal Employment Handbook (September 2007)
- A Guide to Planning your Legal Career (September 2008)
The guides are free for all McGill Law students. Stop by the CDO today and get your copy!