Please note that, effective immediately, the McGill Career & Placement Service (CAPS), has a new name:
- McGill Career Planning Service (CaPS) in English
- Service de planification de carrière de l’université McGill (CaPS) in French
The new name better reflects the terminology at peer institutions as well as the new mission of CaPS which is:
to inspire McGill graduate and undergraduate students in the exploration of their career options and to increase their employability through the development of lifelong career management skills by:
- creating an energized student-centred environment that makes career education accessible to all;
- leading the integration of career development into McGill life and promoting experiential education to students;
- delivering high quality career and job search programs, resources and events; and
- developing a supportive network of McGill faculty and staff as well as local, national, and international employers and alumni.
The acronym is changing only slightly from CAPS to CaPS, building on the brand recognition that has accrued since CAPS was established in 1992.
Many administrators and students on campus provided valuable input in helping CaPS find the right balance between a connection to the past and a better defined focus for the future.
As well as changing its name, CaPS has just launched a completely redesigned website with sections for students, faculty and employers. It will be found at www.mcgill.ca/caps.
Please update your websites and materials to reflect this new name and website by doing the following to any information you have about the Career & Placement Service:
- delete “& Placement” and replace it with “Planning”
- change “CAPS” to “CaPS”
- change the web link to www.mcgill.ca/caps from its current www.caps.mcgill.ca
Thank you for your collaboration and help with this change. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Gregg Blachford, Director of CaPS, at gregg.blachford [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-2940.