All of McGill’s central IT systems have been evaluated for vulnerability to Heartbleed and updates were applied where needed. If you are a McGill staff member, you are required to change your password. For others, we strongly encourage you to change your McGill Password without delay.
To reset your McGill Password:
- Faculty, staff, & students: log into Minerva, and go to the Personal Menu > Password for McGill Username.
- Affiliates: go to Reggie and click on Change Account Information, then select McGill Password.
- When changing your McGill Password, remember to make it complex (try adding symbols and numbers), and unique (don’t use the same password for online banking, cloud storage, social media, etc.). If you currently use the same password for other non-McGill accounts, you may wish to change those as well. That way, even if one online account is compromised in the future, all of your other accounts will be secure.
- If you have more than one McGill Username that is used solely by you (for example, you have a student and a staff account), your new password will apply to both accounts.
- Once you’ve followed the onscreen instructions to change your password, use the McGill Password Reset Checklist to help you identify various IT services where you might have saved your McGill Password.
- While McGill will be sending faculty, staff, students, and resource account sponsors an email message with similar content to this announcement, please note that we will never send you a message to "click here to reset your password".