Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSEWP) campaign now open
The Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP) campaign for 2009-2010 is now open. Full-time students looking for part-time and summer work with the Federal Government are encouraged to apply.
The prime objective of FSWEP is to provide full-time students with work experience related to their Field of Study and to provide them with learning opportunities. The program is also designed to give full-time secondary school, CEGEP, college, technical institute and university students employment opportunities that will:
- enrich their academic programs;
- help fund their education and encourage them to complete their studies;
- develop their employability;
- improve their ability to find good jobs after graduation;
- offer insights into future employment opportunities; and
- help them evaluate their career options within the public service.
Through FSWEP, students obtain:
- fair and equal access to student jobs offered by the public service;
- opportunities to learn about the federal government; and
- valuable work experience while developing and improving their employability.
For more information and to apply, visit http://jobs-emplois.gc.ca/fswep-pfete/index-eng.htm.