Centre invites applications to 4-month researcher position
The researcher will perform different tasks and will participate in a number of projects, including:
- Research on Quebec private law;
- Work on archives and classification;
- Private law dictionary of successions;
- Guide to the English terminology of the Civil Code of Québec;
- Civil Law Workshops;
- Translation and editing;
- Other projects and related work.
- Candidate must have a law degree (with an interest in private and civil law);
- Strong command of French and English;
- Interest in academic legal research;
- Ready to do editing, archiving, bibliothéconomie in minute detail.
Guidance and Supervision
To ensure the quality of the position offered, work is supervised by the Assistant Director of the Crépeau Centre. The research assistant will be provided with a working space at the Centre. The candidate will also have the opportunity to become familiar with academic research in a friendly and stimulating environment, all the while participating in a series of activities (workshops, seminars, informal talks).
35 hours per week from August 25, 2014 to December 31, 2014 (with possible renewal upon signature of another agreement).
Positions available: 1
Send your resume as soon as possible to Ms. Anne-Sophie Hulin, Assistant Director at: crepeau [dot] centre [at] mcgill [dot] ca
Feedback on applications will start as of August 11, 2014.