Be a CaPS Blogger!
The McGill Career Planning Service (CaPS) is looking for energetic, articulate, passionate students to write for the CaPS blog.
Give us your perspective on anything related to looking for work and/or finding your dream career. Examples could include your experiences with finding a part-time job on campus, looking for a summer job, advice on improving your “employability”, how to get involved in activities which will build your skillset, volunteering, job shadowing, life on campus and life in Montreal, etc.). Let your imagination run.
Share your aspirations, triumphs, and even disappointments, and help other McGill students in the process.
As a CaPS Blogger, you will be responsible for a minimum of two posts per month. Bloggers who fulfill the commitment will receive a letter of reference from the Director of the Career Planning Service.
Time commitment: 2 posts/month from September 2011-April 2012
Qualifications: Strong writing ability, commitment, enthusiasm and a willingness to share your employment, volunteer, extra-curricular and life experiences.
Last year’s bloggers did an excellent job sharing their experiences. All of them developed great portfolios of writing, improved their Google search results and developed a loyal following at McGill and beyond.
If you’re interested in being a blogger this year, email Linda Cicuta at linda [dot] cicuta [at] mcgill [dot] ca by Sept 9th and if chosen you will be contacted by Sept 13th. When applying, indicate "CaPS Blog" in the subject line of your email and tell us the following:
- Who are you?
- What city/country are you from?
- What program are you in? (degree, year of study)
- Do you have any career goals/job goals at the moment? If so, what are they?
- What are the areas you think you will want to write about this coming year (looking for part time work, volunteering, job shadowing, getting a mentor, etc.)? (50 words max)
- Why would you make a great “CaPS blogger” (200 words max)
- Are you able to commit to 2 posts/month?
- Have you ever blogged before?
- What are a few of your favourite websites/blogs?
We look forward to receiving your applications. Approximately 10 bloggers will be selected, and those selected will be contacted by September 2nd.