About this Event
Dreaming of a career in executive production? Whether you aspire to manage creative endeavours in film, television, live shows, events, festivals or video games, you need more than creative talent and skill. Executive producers must be able to develop a vision, inspire and motivate a team, secure funding, negotiate deals, manage intellectual property, and successfully market their projects to the public. They must master the business side of entertainment.
If you’re aiming for the executive producer's chair, then our upcoming Info Session for Creative Professionals is for you. Led by Executive Producer and McGill Faculty Lecturer Sylvain Gauthier, you’ll join professionals from across creative sectors for an interactive presentation on topics such as:
- Why demand for creative professionals with skills in executive production is up
- 9 types of organizations hiring executive producers (and some you might not expect)
- Key creative industries seeing the fastest growth and the hottest sectors for jobs
- 7 key skills every executive producer needs
- Doorways to international careers and the capabilities needed to manage creative projects abroad
Register at https://executive-production.eventbrite.ca
For more information on this event, contact pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca
Registration is required as space is limited.