The Integrated Sensor Systems Program Graduate Committee is pleased to invite you to the 5th annual CREATE-ISS Sensors Summer School taking place on 1st and 2nd of June 2015 at Université de Sherbrooke.
Université de Sherbrooke
2500 boul. de l'Université
Sherbrooke, Quebec J1K 2R1
* Note: Departure from McGill University, Roddick Gates at 8:15 AM on Monday June 1st. Please ensure that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
The NSERC CREATE Training Program in Integrated Sensor Systems prepares outstanding students for a career in the field of integrated sensor systems. It is funded by NSERC in collaboration with McGill University, École Polytechnique de Montréal, Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique (INRS), and Université de Sherbrooke.
This year, the Sensors Summer School will bring together students and accomplished researchers from both academia and the industry to discuss the latest advancements in sensor technologies. There will be poster presentations, several lectures, a networking reception, and a visit to hospital center of the University of Sherbrooke.
During the event, there will be speakers from both industry and academia, along with poster presentations, a networking reception, and a visit to hospital center of the University of Sherbrooke.
Click here to view the complete schedule.
There are two fees associated with the event: registration fee and event fee. ISS students are exempt from the event fee. The registration fee may be partially refundable depending on when the cancellation request is sent. But the event fee will be fully refundable in case of cancellation.
1. Registration Rates
- Early (before May 20, 2015): $30 + taxes
- Late (from May 20 to May 30, 2015 ): $40 + taxes
- Onsite: $50 + taxes
Note: The registration will be closed on May 30. ISS students will get a $30 (+ taxes) refund, ONLY if they attend to the event regardless of early or late registration. Also note that attendance in Summer school is a requirement of the ISS program.
2. Event Fee
The event fee is $70 + taxes. ISS students are exempt from the event fee.
A cancellation request could be sent by email for a refund after registration (more details in confirmation email). The refund amount depends on when the request is made. All of the event fee will be fully refunded, all the percentages below correspond to the registration fee only.
- Before May 25, 2015: 100% refund
- Between May 25 and May 28, 2015: 50% refund
- Between May 28 and May 30, 2015: 25% refund
- 24 hours before the event and later: no refund
All refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
To register, please click here
Accommodation and Transportation
Accommodation at the University of Sherbrooke Student Residency (single beds with shared bathrooms and WIFI)
- Free of charge for all ISS students who are not residents of Sherbrooke.
- Others can request a bed with a rate of $34 ( + taxes) / night / person.
- Regular bus transportation will be provided between McGill University and University of Sherbrooke:
- Free of charge for both ISS and non-ISS members but the availability is only guaranteed for ISS students and the space will be limited for non-ISS members.
- Departure from McGill University, Roddick Gates at 8:15 AM on Monday June 1st. Please ensure that you arrive atleast 15 minutes prior to your departure time.
- Departure from University of Sherbrooke at 17:30 on June 2nd
There will be a poster competition during the event:
- 3 prizes for the first 3 best posters.
- All the first year ISS students and the other ISS students who have not yet participated in the summer school poster competition, are required to participate.
- Other students are also encouraged to participate.
- Please also note that you are responsible to print the poster and bring it to the event.
- The poster has to be related to your research topic.
- The poster size should be 36"(W) x 40"(H).
Visit to Hospital Center of the University of Sherbrooke
An optional visit to the Hospital Center of the University of Sherbrooke has been organized.
- On June 1st from 15:00 to 17:00.
- Bus transportation will be provided.