Invitation to Industry
Register today to learn more about the innovative research taking place at McGill Engineering in the areas of Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology, Aerospace Engineering, Bioengineering, Broadband Communications, Sustainability in Engineering and Design, via poster presentations from the Faculty’s top PhD and Master’s students. You can also learn about the Research Institutes and Centres within the Engineering Faculty, as well as generate contacts for future collaboration and/or employment or research internships during the networking reception.
Graduate Student Participation
This event will provide an opportunity for you to:
- get feedback on your research from industry, alumni, faculty, and your peers
- generate contacts for future collaborations or employment
- learn about research across all engineering departments
- learn about research funding programs
- be recognized amongst your peers for recent awards
How to participate?
All McGill Engineering Masters or PhD students are eligible to participate in the MERS poster session.
- Interested students should discuss their intention to submit with their supervisor
- If supervisor approval is given, student should submit poster title and abstract (150 words or less) no later than noon on Friday, October 4, 2013 by e-mail to research.engineering [at] mcgill.ca (subject line: MERS)
- Students are encouraged to create their own posters (at student/supervisor’s cost) or reuse an existing one.
- The selected posters will be announced to applicants one week after the submission deadline, with any additional instructions about the event
Reasons for students to attend:
- Get feedback on your research from industry, alumni, academic staff, and your peers.
- Learn about research across all engineering disciplines.
- Learn about graduate funding programs available from the Faculty of Engineering, NSERC, Mitacs, and select institutes.
- Generate contacts for future collaboration and/or employment opportunities for students.
Reasons for Academic Staff to attend:
- Generate contacts for future collaborations.
- Learn more about research funding programs available via NSERC, Mitacs, and select institutes.
- Network with industry representatives.
For more information about this event, please contact research.engineering [at] mcgill.ca.