Have you always dreamed of planting a garden but were not not quite sure where or how to start? Maybe you don’t think you have a green thumb. Gardening is one of the most relaxing and rewarding activities you can find. Christie-Anna Lovat, M.Sc. Candidate, Plant Science Department, will present basic gardening tips and advice to get you started in the right direction.
During this presentation, you will learn:
- The importance of soil quality
- The importance of sticking to sunlight recommendations
- The do’s and don’ts of fertilizing
- Tips for removing the most stubborn garden weeds
- Preparing your garden in the spring and fall
- Plant recommendations for sun, shade
- Fun edible perennials
Whether you are a gardening novice or the seasoned pro, you are bound to gain inspiration for growing a thriving garden!
To register for the Macdonald campus session go here.