NEW Master's Program in Biomanufacturing
Do you want to be part of a new program that offers hands-on industry experience?
The co-supervising Departments of Biological & Biomedical Engineering recently launched a new Master’s (non-thesis) in Biomanufacturing at McGill.
This program offers you the unique opportunity to contribute to novel healthcare solutions from both a manufacturing and engineering perspective. It also addresses the need to enhance Canada’s biomanufacturing sector and pandemic readiness by helping to develop our talent pipeline.
The program will provide you with:
- Advanced knowledge and competencies in the rapidly evolving fields of biological and biomedical engineering.
- Hands-on experience through projects carried out during internships to establish a solid foundation of competencies required for professional activities including agility, adaptability, teamwork, responsibility and life-long learning.
Quick facts about the program:
- 2 semesters of coursework focusing on biomanufacturing with emphasis on bioprocess engineering, bioreactor design, purification, analytics, current good manufacturing practice, legal and ethical aspects.
- 8-month internship in leading biotech firms that manufacture products such as vaccines, cell therapies, delivery systems and more.
Deadlines to apply:
- International students: January 15, 2023
- Canadian/Permanent Residents: May 15, 2023