Reporting directly to the Chair of the Department of Family Medicine, the Faculty Development Director should be actively involved in Family Medicine educational programs and have previous experience in the design and delivery of educational programs and Faculty Development initiatives. Time commitment is estimated at 1 – 1. 5 days/week (.30 FTE), averaged over the year but is variable.
The Faculty Development Director’s responsibilities include the following:
- Designing, implementing and evaluating Faculty Development programs and activities for the Department of Family Medicine.
- Chairing the Faculty Development Committee of the Department of Family Medicine and working together with committee members to achieve departmental goals.
- Responding to departmental members’ questions about educational topics and issues related to Faculty Development.
- Helping departmental members design site-specific or program-specific Faculty Development activities.
- Consulting with Unit and Program Directors to determine needs in Faculty Development initiatives and projects.
- Representing Faculty Development at the Departmental Executive Council.
- Developing links with Faculty Development in the Faculty of Medicine, with other Quebec and Canadian Departments of Family Medicine as well as with the College of Family Medicine of Canada.
- Participating with the other Quebec Departments of Family Medicine in the organization of the Colloque Québécois des enseignants de médecine de famille.
- Promoting scholarly work in the area of Faculty Development.
Interested individuals should send their letter of intent and curriculum vitae to acad-hr.fammed [at] mcgill.ca (Rosa Coppola), Academic Affairs Advisor for the Department of Family Medicine, McGill University.
Deadline to apply: May 13, 2019