This message is sent on behalf of François Pouliot, Director Procurement Services and Julie Ghayad, Director Finance Infrastructure and Transaction Services
An issue occurred on October 10, 2018 after 5:00 PM whereby open Purchase Orders were CLOSED in error. As such, fund/grant balances will be overstated since encumbrances on these Purchase Orders have been liquidated. Please take this into account when processing financial transactions.
Financial and Procurement Services will be unable to process invoices and change orders on the closed Purchase Orders until this issue has been resolved.
This error did not affect the following:
- Purchase Orders linked to Plant Funds (i.e. Fund Type 90).
- Purchase Orders created after the issue occurred, starting with P0762180 and greater (i.e. Purchase Orders of October 11, 2018).
- Standing Orders with a unit of measure YR.
We are working with Enterprise Application Services (IT Services) and the supplier of Banner to resolve this matter as quickly as possible and will provide you with regular updates on our progress.
We thank you for your understanding in this matter.
François and Julie
- Email: fishelp.acct [at] mcgill.ca | feedback.purchasing [at] mcgill.ca
- Call the Finance Help Desk: 514-398-3463
[Message sent out over the FIS listserv]