As part of the HBHL-Mitacs partnership, a special joint initiative has been organized to send students from McGill University to Chinese and Japanese academic institutions, and bring in students from these international universities to McGill. This is part of Mitacs' Globalink Research Awards program. This program provides awards valued at $6,000 CAD for travel and accommodation costs for Canadian students to undertake collaborative research projects at international institutions.
- Must be registered as full-time graduate students at a Canadian university and remain as such throughout their Globalink Research Award
- Cannot undertake a research project at an institution where they have previously completed a degree and/or been employed
- Cannot undertake a research project in a country where they hold citizenship (unless they are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada)
- Must be the legal age of majority in Canada (18 years of age or older)
- Must meet travel requirements for their intended destination, including visa and/or immigration requirements and associated documentation
- Cannot hold more than one Globalink Research Award per academic lifetime
- Cannot have previously held a Mitacs-JSPS Summer Program award
If you have any questions about the logistics of this opportunity or would like to apply, please contact Dr. Noha Gerges, Business Development Specialist from Mitacs at ngerges [at] mitacs.ca or 514-607-8978.