Call for applications: Research Assistant position
The Centre for Interdisciplinary Research on Montreal (CIRM) is seeking applications to fill a research assistant position. Attached to the Faculty of Arts, CIRM brings together researchers from the humanities, social sciences, pure, and applied sciences as well as law and technology whose fields of interest or expertise are related to urban life and Montréal. Its mission is twofold: 1) stimulate emerging research on Montréal and federate research conducted within the various disciplines and universities; 2) develop partnerships, themes, and research projects with Montréal's economic, social, cultural, community, and governmental sectors.
Under the supervision of CIRM’s director and in close collaboration with the project manager and community managers, the recruited research assistant will:
- translate texts from French to English;
- revise texts written in or translated into English by the team.
Hourly rate: between $16 et $19 (depending on experience and level of education)
Number of hours per week: until May 31, 2021, approximately 10 hours per week
After the interviews, the successful candidate will be subject to a 30-day probationary period.
Skills and abilities required
- Excellent knowledge of English and French, both spoken and written;
- English-language proofreading skills;
- Experience and skills in translation from French to English;
- Initiative, autonomy, and rigour in their work;
- Ability to work remotely and in a team environment;
- Eligibility for the Work Study program will be considered an asset.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitæ and a letter of intent to Nik Luka, CIRM interim director (nik.luka [at] mcgill.ca), and to Elissa Kayal, administrative assistant (elissa.kayal [at] mcgill.ca), before October 13, 2020, 10:00 a.m.