WS-102 Designing digital experiences with the McGill brand
An introduction to the principles of good design and the McGill brand values. This course is ideal for anyone interested in improving the aesthetic and overall experience of their website. It will be especially useful to those without formal design training, or those with non-web design backgrounds.
This course covers:
- The principles of good UX design
- Basic principles of aesthetic design
- An introduction to McGill's brand values and how to apply them in digital design
- Many examples and hands-on discussion
The course material also includes worksheets and process recommendations to facilitate the design and development of high-quality, brand-aligned and user-centric web platforms.
This course is mandatory for site managers with VHost or Faculty-hosted (non-WMS) sites. It's also highly recommended for:
- WMS site managers or editors who haven't had formal training in web design
- WMS site managers who do UX design/information architecture/usability work
- New site editors or managers who aren't familiar with our brand
To register for this course, please visit the Training Request Form on Minerva (McGill username and password required).
Not sure which courses to take? Head over to course requirements.