A Walk BEST community event with activities and demonstrations focused on walking BEST (BEtter, Faster, Longer, STronger).
Designed for all ages including older adults and people with mobility challenges, this one-day event is co-organized by the researchers of the School of Physical and Occupational Therapy, PhysioBiometrics Inc., Dimartech Industries, Coop Sportive Santé, and the municipality of Côte Saint-Luc.
A new outdoor exercise structure designed by McGill physical therapy clinicians and researchers will be available for this one day only, drop by and try it out!
In addition, all the those who attend can:
- Receive a free walking assessment and recommendations
- Learn how to improve their walking technique
- Learn exercises to improve their walking
- Try walking poles
- Try new digital technologies to improve walking
- Watch demonstrations of fitness activities that complement walking
All are welcome for this free day of walking techniques, technologies, and expertise!
Prizes to be won!