Value of your workplace voluntary savings plan
Attend this session offered by Sun Life Financial about the benefits of the McGill Voluntary Savings Plan which includes a Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP) and Group Tax-Free Savings Account (GTFSA) which give you access to cost-efficient professionally-managed investments! Over time, these lower costs may add years to your retirement income or allow you to retire earlier than planned!
- Contribute on a per pay basis and, for the GRSP, benefit from an immediate tax relief at source (contributions are deducted from your gross pay thereby reducing your taxable income)
- Make online one-time contributions for both the GRSP and GTFSA
- Choose from a variety of investment options including a multi-risk target date option based on your risk tolerance which becomes more conservative over time
- Benefit from annual record keeping fee $60 for the GRSP and $50 for the GTFSA (2023) as well as cost-efficient investment management fees (between 0.27% - 0.36% as of May 1, 2023)
- Transfer in existing RRSPs or TFSAs from external financial institutions
- Setup a GRSP spousal plan
KNOW YOUR LIMITS! Everyone has their own RRSP and TFSA limits. For your RRSP limit, check your most recent Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to ensure you stay within your limits! For your TFSA limit, refer to one of the following services of the CRA: “My Account”, “MyCRA” or contact the CRA at 1-800-267-6999.