The competition encourages McGill students, working in teams, to propose new technologically-based ideas/solutions in the form of new products, services and/or ventures to solve real world problems.
How It Works
- Submit your TechIdea before the new deadline on January 3rd, 2021 at 11:59PM (EST)
- Top 5 ideas are selected and coaching is provided to help them develop their pitch
- The 5 finalists pitch their idea during the annual John D. Thompson Entrepreneurial Development Seminar (takes place during EUS TechWeek)
- The top 3 pitches will win cash prizes of $500, $250 and $100
- Each team will have 5 minutes to present their idea or solution in an "elevator pitch" format to a panel of judges from the business and technical community. This will challenge students to present themselves, and their idea, in a concise and convincing way.
- Judges will have 2 minutes to ask questions and give feedback.
- See the 2020 Pitch Competition Winners here!
- Open to any McGill University student team comprised of 2 to 4 members where at least one member is a currently enrolled student, undergraduate or graduate, in McGill’s Faculty of Engineering.
- If you have already developed your solution and are beyond the idea stage (e.g. already have sales/customer transactions or have raised company funding from sources other than friends and family), then you are not eligible.
Lear more about the process, judging and pitching criteria!