Are you planning your career after graduate school or a postdoctoral fellowship in the life sciences?
The Desjardins Centre for Advanced Training (DCAT) of the RI-MUHC in collaboration with McGill’s Career Planning Service (CaPS) present: Online Peer Career Discovery Groups (PCDG)
Career Exploration for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in the life sciences
- Explore career options: The PCDG program is a series of 6 FREE online seminars
- Plan for your career: Discover careers in the life sciences
- Job search tactics: Learn new job-hunting strategies
- Fortify your CVs: Learn how to tailor your CVs to the position you want
- Improve your networking & interview skills: By participating in the online program, you will meet trainees from the RI-MUHC and other Montreal research institutes.
March 9 - April 13 | Tuesdays from 9:30 - 11:00 am, zoom link will be shared with registrants.
Each seminar will include:
- Part 1: Learn more about the topic
- Part 2: Pair up in virtual breakout rooms and discuss with your peers
- Part 3: Gather your findings in an open discussion and question period
Topic 1: Intro to PCDG and career exploration | March 9, 2021
Topic 2: Planning your career using design thinking | March 16, 2021
Topic 3: Discovering your career options | March 23, 2021
Topic 4: Move to action: career planning | March 30, 2021
Topic 5: An intro to non-academic CVs | April 6, 2021
Topic 6: Mock job interviews | April 13, 2021
Each online seminar will take place on Tuesday from 9:30-11:00 am starting on March 9, 2021. To get the most of the program, it is recommended to participate in all 6 seminars in the series.
LIVE VS VIDEO SEMINARS
Can’t make it to the online seminar? We have you covered. Registered participants will have the option to receive the video complimentary of the presentation directly to their inbox every Wednesday.
By joining the online live seminar, you will benefit from
- advice and insights from experienced career advisors,
- useful activities and references available in the PCDG interactive workbook,
- support from like-minded peers
- early-bird access to online career events organized by DCAT
Online Event Instructions
A link for the session will be shared with registrants.