Are you planning your career after graduate school or a postdoctoral fellowship in the life sciences?
The Desjardins Centre for Advanced Training (DCAT) of the RI-MUHC in collaboration with McGill’s Career Planning Service (CaPS) present the Peer Career Discovery Groups Program
Time commitment: Estimated 6 weeks. 2-3 hours per week, includes the weekly online seminar
Option: Instructor-led or self-paced. We encourage trainees to participate to all the weekly online seminars to get the most out of the program.
Free. Offered at no cost to trainees.
Register now. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/discoverygroups
About this program: Career Exploration for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in the life sciences
- Explore career options: The PCDG program is a series of 6 free online seminars
- Plan for your career: Discover careers in the life sciences
- Job search tactics: Learn new job-hunting strategies
- Strengthen your CV: Learn how to tailor your CV to the position you want
- Improve your networking & interview skills: By participating in the online program, you will meet trainees from the RI-MUHC and other Montreal research institutes.
STARTS OCTOBER 5 - RUNS UNTIL NOVEMBER 9 | Tuesdays from 9:30 - 11:00 am, zoom link will be shared with registrants.
SCHEDULE OF WEB SEMINARS (INSTRUCTOR-LED OPTION)
Intro to PCDG and career exploration | October 5, 2021
Planning your career using design thinking | October 12, 2021
Discovering your career options | October 19, 2021
Move to action: career planning | October 26, 2021
An intro to non-academic CVs | November 2, 2021
Preparing for job interviews| November 6, 2021
To get the most of the program, it is recommended to participate in all 6 instructor-led seminars in the series. By joining the weekly online seminar, you will benefit from
- advice and insights from experienced career advisors,
- support from like-minded peers
- early-bird access to online career events organized by DCAT
SELF-PACED OPTION: Can’t make it to the online seminar? We have you covered. Registered participants will have the option to review online videos that convey information from each seminar and complete the activities using the online portal.
***Tell us why career planning is important to you! Tag me (Emily Bell, Desjardins Centre for Advanced Training) on LinkedIn with the #mycareer and tell us why you will participate to the PCDG program this Fall.***
Online Event Instructions
Instructions to access the link for the web seminars and online course will be provided to registrants.