RSVP through myFuture
Are you an undergrad, graduate student, or postdoc interested in developing a research partnership or landing an internship during your training at McGill? If so, please join us to learn more about how Mitacs can help support you on this! The presentation will cover Mitacs’ most popular programs (Accelerate, Elevate, Globalink, and Training) and guide you on how to identify a potential partner for these initiatives as well as provide you with resources to help you throughout the entire process!
Mitacs is a nationwide non-profit organization that strives to boost innovation in Canada by helping to build the next generation of innovators across the country. They provide skills development opportunities including internships and training courses that you can access throughout your time at McGill. Join the Mitacs Business Development team for McGill (Jonathan, Noha, and Ralph) to learn more and ask any questions you may have about the ins and outs of Mitacs!
Discussions will center on the following Mitacs programs:
- Accelerate - Mitacs flagship program supporting graduate students and postdocs who want to embark on a research collaboration with an external partner in Canada or with our international partner countries
- Accelerate Entrepreneur - Funding for student and postdoctoral entrepreneurs who wish to develop R&D projects between their incubated start-up business in partnership with a professor at McGill.
- Elevate - Competitive program supporting postdocs who want to embark on a research collaboration with an external partner in Canada.
- Globalink Research Award - Travel grant supporting senior undergrads, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows for collaborations with universities in our partner countries.
- Training - Courses offered to all McGill trainees (free of charge) to build on transferable skills
Jonathan Caballero – Business Development Specialist at Mitacs. Ph.D. in psychology by UNAM, and recently completed postdoctoral research in communication sciences and disorders at McGill University, has extensive experience in multidisciplinary research projects in academic and governmental organizations. He is the main contact for McGill University, in charge of the Faculty of Engineering and all departments within the Social Sciences and Humanities.
Noha Gerges – Business Development Director and Team Lead, QC at Mitacs. Ph.D. in Cancer Genetics from McGill University with extensive experience in management and business development in various disciplines. She is the main contact for the Faculties of Science and Medicine at McGill University.
Ralph Chery – Business Development Director at Mitacs. Trained as an electrical engineer, he is a McGill University Graduate in Business & Finance and completed an MBA from IESE Business School in Barcelona. He has extensive experience in business development in the fields of finance, energy, and other disciplines. He is the main contact for Desautels and Dobson.
The Zoom meeting link will be sent to all registrants in advance of the course start time. Please note that these sessions may be recorded. To qualify for CCR recognition, you must register for and sign into the online zoom event using your McGill email address.
Online Event Instructions
RSVP through myFuture - https://caps.myfuture.mcgill.ca/students/index.php?mode=form&id=72aa857e... The Zoom meeting link will be sent to all registrants in advance of the course start time. Please note that these sessions may be recorded. To qualify for CCR recognition, you must register for and sign into the online zoom event using your McGill email address.