Microaggressions in the Workplace
This workshop supports staff in developing a greater understanding of what microaggressions are, the ways people are impacted, and how we can co-create environments that better support and include all team members.
At end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify and differentiate between different types of microaggressions
- Examine the link between microaggressions and systems of oppression
- Recognize the complexity, nuance and impacts of microaggressions
- Consider how to foster work environments which minimize microaggressions taking place
Please note: This workshop is designed as part of a series. Part 1 is Microaggressions in the Workplace and Part 2 is Microinterventions in the Workplace. We strongly recommend that participants complete Part 1 prior to participating in Part 2.
McGill staff, please follow the steps below to complete your registration.
1. Access Minerva.
2. In the Employee Menu, click on Training Menu, select Organizational Development, and follow the instructions to register.